Awaken Your Spiritual Nature
Awakening your spiritual nature means remembering your eternal connection with the Divine, and remembering to include Spirit in all you do; in all your activities, within your relationships and when making important decisions. Asking is always the key!
Want an answer? Here's how I do it:
1. Form a simple question (nothing complicated)
2. Find a quiet place where you won't be disturbed. Sit quietly and allow your body and mind to relax.
3. Close your eyes and focus on your breath. Breathe deeply from your diaphragm.
4. Getting into alignment with the Universe and the Divine comes from a focus on a silent mind and the breath. This is how to engage with your inner power.
5. Ask your question again in a clear way.
6. Quit asking and let your mind be silent. Allow your mind to be empty. You are leaving a space for an answer. Be in this empty space until you receive your answer or guidance.
7. Let go of any striving. This should be a natural process. If you don't get your answer
right away, go about your day while being mindful that the answer may come another way. Continue to let this be a part of your spiritual practice. With time and 'practice' it becomes more effortless. Thank you.
God is always present, not in physical form, but in your mind and heart. God expresses Herself/Himself through you; your thoughts and actions. Think of your body as a communication device which physically expresses your innermost feelings and impulses. You bring God to life by expressing spiritual values such as trust, honesty, tolerance, gentleness, joy, defenselessness, generosity, patience, faithfulness, and open-mindedness (ACIM - Teachers of God).
When you are being kind, complimentary or loving to someone, you are expressing the God/Spirit in you. Whenever you are laughing or having a good time with friends, you are expressing the light (God) in you. Helping someone in need is also a gesture of Divine expression. By the same token, when someone smiles at you, says something nice to you or offers you a gift, you are receiving the expression of God's love for you through that person. This is an important point to remember; by giving and receiving kindness you are allowing the Divine to manifest in the world as a powerful positive energy.
When you accept the notion that God lives through you, your relationship with Spirit becomes as intimate as your own heart and as personal as your own breath. Remembering that you are expressing God's will, and love can feel like a mighty responsibility. You are responsible for either blocking the flow by being fearful, angry or negative or you are freeing the flow by being loving and positive.
My goal in writing Living by Spirit Blog is for you to more clearly understand the implications of what it means when “God lives through you,” and how it affects your life journey. Your understanding of it will affect your quality of life, your confidence, your relationships and your peace of mind. Use it in a good way and good will return to you many fold. Thank you!